By far this has been the toughest tag I have ever taken… Me – awesome??? I am not so sure.. But then I don’t have a very bad opinion of myself either 😉 I did try to find this out from family and friends, and they were kind of short of words (hmm…. now don’t tell me that its because there is actually NOTHING to say!)..
And so here we are with seven ‘awesome’ traits of mine!
1. I know how to smile/laugh my worries away. In fact, the more tense I am, the wider the smile grows 🙂 It is a kind of survival tactic – to get through tough times!!
2. I am NEVER lonely…. I can be alone or in a crowd – but I am never lonely.. And this makes life much more easier, isn’t it?
3. I have lived and enjoyed almost all the roles that I have played. This is not to say that I am an awesome daughter/sister/wife/mother/friend…. but that I have loved playing all these parts. I am sure that when my life ends, I would look back and feel good about having given my best and not regret about giving up on either of these relationships.
4. I know what is love. Not the one they write about in poems/epics, but the one that fills your heart with warmth. The kind of love which doesn’t blind you to the other person’s faults. The kind that doesn’t lead you into a morally corrupt path. The kind that doesn’t just give you words and proses to write. The kind that doesn’t give you assurance of its eternal nature. But the kind that soothes your pain. The kind that makes you admit that neither you nor the other person are beyond faults. The kind which gives you strength to make new starts every time things go wrong. And the kind which even makes you compromise and adjust.The kind which is practical and sane enough to see the right path.
5. I can cook….. Yes, thats an awesome trait, considering how this skill has developed after years of practice and experimentation.. I can cook non-veg without even tasting it for salt/spices during the whole process 🙂 And it turns out to be fine (Can’t help but leave the modesty out for some time 😉 ).
6. I don’t obsess about my looks.. I do take care, but never obsess. I can’t calculate the calorie intake or track the latest cosmetics in market (haven’t even tried learning the art of make up). For me, this does qualify as an awesome trait, because I have seen women who can think and talk of nothing else and it does irritate me and others around.
7. And lastly (I am glad to reach the end of the list now – It was getting too depressing to even think that there are not many points to write about), I don’t give up. Ever. I have had dark moments in my life. And there were times when I found them overpowering me. But I have always emerged a winner. And I am so proud of it.
Thanks Swaram, for giving me pointers 🙂
Thanks Abha for this tag – it did me reason to exercise my grey cells 🙂