Loves cooking more than eating!
But still have memories of some wonderful times associated with food!
1. Partying at home with bread cutlets/tikkis/tea prepared in a jiffy. Of course what made it special was the presence of friends (from school) who danced and joked and shouted….
2. The lunch party which my mother arranged for when I scored well in my 10th board exams. It took so much preparations, enthusiasm, and love – especially considering that ALL her female collegues were invited, there was no maid at home, and we both (me and my sis) were not a great help. It remains a very special day for me till date.I can remember the pride, love and satisfaction in her eyes to have people come and compliment her on my ‘success’ and the food she prepared.
3. Maggi+Tea at Nescafe in college. Hours of gossipping, commenting on students/teachers, discussing future, remembering past, birthday parties……
4. Chinese at Wang’s, Bangalore…. It was a regular thing to do during intial days of our marriage. We discovered a lot about each other and had a good time…
5. My parents have always made it a point to make my birthdays special. So there have been cakes baked at home and cut at 0:00 am! Special snacks/lunch/dinner/sweets – all prepared at home.. I have always looked forward to waking up on my birthday, esp when they are around- because they make it so memorable by putting in so much efforts and love..
Thanks ART for the delicious tag!!!
Dew, TAKE IT UP….